The ages of 11 to 14 are a crucial time in a person's life as they are transitioning from childhood to youth. Society frequently views this age group as problematic, unresponsive and self-consumed.
The program, however, sees in junior youth an altruism, a keen sense of justice, an eagerness to learn about the universe and a desire to contribute to the construction of a better world.
To help them further develop these noble qualities, junior youth need to be involved in programs of activity that will engage their interests and mold their capacities for service to others.
The Junior Youth Spiritual Empowerment Program will:
- Assist junior youth to analyze the influence that positive and negative forces of society have on their lives
- Provide a space free of censure or ridicule to discuss the choices they face daily
- Develop their ability to express their thoughts with clarity and eloquence
- Seek to release their energies to live purposeful and constructive lives
- Seek to enhance their creative, intellectual and spiritual capacities
- Encourage them to contribute to the transformation and betterment of their community and society in general